As a commitment to my health, one of my major new year’s resolutions was to go to a yoga class once a week. After checking out a class at my gym, Prana Power Yoga, I finally tried South Boston Yoga. The studio recently upgraded to a larger space, located right across the street from the Broadway Red Line T stop. The studio is relatively convenient for me, located on the opposite edge of my neighborhood and a 15 minute walk from my office. I opted to try the Hot Yoga class, in hopes that I would up my chances to avoid injuries this summer. I absolutely LOVED the class.
Below are a few quick pros and cons:
- Amazingly convenient, thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!
- Great showers, changing areas, bathrooms, they were really clean and modern
- Lockers, again, thank you!
- Great instructors
- Free class for first time visitors
- If you bring a friend (who is visiting for their first time) you get a free class and so do they!
- Absolutely NO attitude!! I loved how laid back and relaxed the staff and class goers were
- The hot yoga room isn’t truly hot yoga. The room is warm, but it’s not to the same temperature as traditional hot yoga. The studio is still working out the details since their move in September, so this should be changing soon
That’s it for a con, and it’s not a bad thing! I look forward to visiting South Boston Yoga once a week to stay injury free! Hoooray!
South Boston Yoga is located at 36 West Broadway Boston, MA 02127