This past year, I was accepted onto the Boston Triathlon Team and I was very proud to race in the blue and green this season! BTT has proved to be an excellent group of likeminded triathletes and friends. I have learned so much from fellow teammates about the sport of triathlon, enjoyed the team camaraderie during events, the support of teammates during an injury or difficult time and last but not least, the post-race celebrations! We are certainly a team that likes to work hard and also have fun. We are sponsored by not one, but two alcoholic beverage companies, after all!
Do you live in Boston? Are you interested in joining BTT? Feel free to shoot me a note or comment with any questions! You can find the new member application here: BTT Membership Application 2015 Template-1
BTT is now accepting new membership applications through November 8, 2014 for the 2015 season. Please complete the attached form and EMAIL your completed application to Kelwin Conroy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is the skinny on the rules:
Active Members must be residents of the Commonwealth of MA on January 1 of the year they first join the team. Active Members must also at least twenty one (21) years of age.
Active Members must participate in a minimum of 4 events per year, wear the 2015 race jersey while racing, and record their race results on the BTT website. These 4 events must include:
1. – at least one complete triathlon (relays do not count)
2. – one official BTT volunteer event
3. -one additional competitive race (any multisport race, single sport race, or relay in a multisport)
4. -your choice of any of the above
If you do not fulfill the minimum requirements during your first year on the team you must re-apply for the team the following calendar year. Exceptions due to extenuating circumstances are at the discretion of the Executive Committee.
Active members are required to wear a current BTT race top when racing in a multi-sport event and to the extent possible, when volunteering for BTT. (Your membership fee includes a uniform stipend.) Our sponsors provide funding in exchange for advertising. As a team member, you are representing these sponsors by honoring a commitment to display their logos while racing and to the extent possible, when training or volunteering.
*A “triathlon” shall be defined as a competitive race that includes a swim, bike and run. In the event that a triathlon is modified by the race director due to weather or other safety concern, the Active member will be viewed as fulfilling his/her triathlon requirement as long as the member completes the modified race.
* “Volunteering” shall be defined as participation as a volunteer at an activity sponsored by BTT and provides race support to the race director or to a charitable or civic event.
* An “additional competitive race” shall be defined as any competitive sport event/race, such as running, road biking, mountain biking, swimming, snowshoeing, or cross country skiing.
* “Competitive race” shall be defined as any single sport competitive race event, including but not limited to running, road biking, mountain biking, swimming, snowshoeing, or cross country skiing. A relay in any type of race is also acceptable.
* BTT Race Top Requirement refers to the current year’s BTT race top showing the current year’s sponsors.