So now that we are five months into 2011, I figured it might be a good time to look back at the goals I set for myself on December 30th 2010….
Goals for 2011
- Only run shorter races – This year I’ve made the conscious decision NOT to run a marathon. Last year that decision was made for me, which was heartbreaking, but I’m moving on. I’m going to focus on 5-10k’s, triathlons and half marathons.Clearly I didn’t accomplish this goal, and I’m really happy about it.
- New Goal: Run the SF Marathon and get back to LOVING distance running, so far I am on a great track!
- More Yoga – in 2011, I’m going to make every effort to go at least once a week in order to reduce injury and help work on my core. So far I have averaged going to Yoga nearly once a week in 2011, which is a huge accomplishment for me! This is directly correlated to injury prevention – hooray!
- More morning gym work outs – This also goes hand in hand with #4… I need to improve upon this, my hopes are that it will get easier now that it is consistently warm out!
- New Goal: Work out 3 mornings a week.
- Get More Sleep – So then I can’t hit that snooze button and skip the gym! Still need to improve this one!
- Renewed focus on Healthy Eating and Portion Control– Easier said than done, but this is always a challenge! So far, so good! I have really been trying to resist bad food that comes through my office and watch my portion control. So far it’s paid off and I’ve slowly been slimming down to a better weight for marathon training.
- More time at the Cape!– It is my happy place, after all. Looking to spend as many weekends as possible down on the cape at my family’s house 🙂
- New Goal: Spend less time stressing out and more time enjoying life & spending time with Foxy!
My goals for 2011 have shifted slightly but I still think that they are attainable and I will have a great time in the process!
Have your goals for the year changed since NYE?